Palliative Care for Caregivers – 2 sessions
Session 1: 8:30am - 12:30pm, 14 May 2019
Session 2: 8:30am - 12:30pm, 28 May 2019
Location: Hospice Whanganui
This course is designed to support caregivers/home support workers in all settings—home care, aged residential care and hospital care, to deliver improved palliative care to their patients by enhancing their knowledge and understanding of palliative care. The course is only for caregivers and it values the contribution they make to people, family and whanau care.
This course is delivered over two morning sessions – May 14th and May 28th.
- Principles of palliative care
- Understanding pain and other common symptoms
- Communicating with and supporting the dying person, their family and whanau
- Caring for dying residents in the last days of life
- Understanding loss and grief